Tuesday, October 21, 2008

WTF!? THERE'S A WAR?! PHLOG

Jesus, what is there, one microphone for every working TV in Iraq?

I understand the need for that shirt, but I find it bothersome that you probably can’t read it from more than 10 feet away.

I’ve been following wars, riots, and protests for a long time, but these are by far two of the best effigies I’ve ever seen. Condi’s handbag even matches her boots.

If you think the “why?” game can drag on with an American child, try it with an Iraqi kid.

Iraqi cookie jar.

I don’t know what’s more powerful in this image, the look on this Iraqi Christian child’s face as his family flees their home in Mosul, or the presence of the plastic bag that says “thanks” in English.

Don’t get me wrong, I love a big band, and I love amusement park christenings, but I can’t help but feel like Iraq might need something else more urgently.

Why does this soldier look like I used to as a kid when I would get tangled in the phone cord?

There’s a chance we may not have completely trained these guys on weapons safety.

Helping Iraqi soldiers train must bring about a hearty combination of laughter and tears.

“Sir, please stop giggling whenever we touch your butt. We’re just trying to help.”

I’m no expert marksman, but I’m pretty sure if that guy in the middle fires his rifle, he’s going to fuck up his left hand and break his nose.

Can you teach a military skill that’s more basic than stretching?

You can feel it! It’s electric! Boogey-woogey-woogey!

“I don’t know… safety is a big concern for me. Does it have anti-lock brakes?”

I’m not sure whether it says more about the situation, these Iraqi detainees, or me, but these guys are dressed better than I am right now.

“Okay, here’s the deal guys, if you want act up and be violent, we’re just asking you to wait until we’re gone.”

No comments: