Friday, January 30, 2009

VOTE AND/OR DIE! IRAQ PHLOG

Why do these Iraqi election posters looks like real estate ads for Glendale?

I can’t read his platform or slogans, but I’m voting for the cigarette.

I understand the need for security, but if there’s a guy from another country with a machine gun working at your polling place, it kind of invalidates the whole idea of a free and fair election.

“But if I can’t bring my gun into the booth, how am I supposed to mark my ballot?”

“Yeah, don’t worry about it, bro-- most of our elections are fake too.”

The Iraqi police have to be pissed that they got issued leftover French camo from WW II meant for Northern Germany.

But when you get issued blue camo, you have to wonder if you’re getting set up.

I’m no expert on firearms, but I bet it’s hard to shoot well with a strap stuck on your sight.

If you need concrete barriers and barbed wire coils to protect your polling place, something tells me a cardboard box is insufficient as the last means of protection for the ballots.

This is what I would call a partial victory for freedom.

This has to be an arranged photo-op, because if they went around to every person in an Iraqi hospital, they wouldn’t finish till June.

A military translator prepares for a dust storm in an Iraqi hospital.

Boy would they be pissed off if they new that they were supposed to burn that flag since it touched the ground.

On the ‘pro’ side, body armor stops most bullets, but on the ‘con’ side, the stripes make you a much easier target. 

“Eat it.” 

No comments: